2014 has come and gone quickly. Just this time last year, I was preparing for my final exam and packing up my things to put in storage. I was daydreaming of colourful sarees, paradise beaches and freedom. Now, a year later, I am doing almost exactly the same. I have booked a flight to Cambodia early next year, and have been granted a Working Holiday Visa for Australia. I am excited, nervous and poor. I still have a lot of planning and purchasing to do before I’m ready for departure.
As everyone sits down to reflect on their year (usually with that stupid Facebook feature), I’ve created a list (yes, another list) of some accomplishments/experiences that I found worthy of sharing with someone. I clearly live an exciting life.
THIS YEAR I
- Visited 10 countries (if you count Burma)
- Was (only) reported for pornography on Facebook twice
- Made this website
- Ate bull’s testicles (read here)
- Tried mead, the drink of Vikings
- Got really fat. Again.
- Read 4 books in one week, because I am bored and unemployed
- Rode a camel and ripped my pants (read here)
- Danced on stage in front of the entire city of Udaipur (read here)
- Was kinda sexually assaulted by a group of men and managed to laugh at it (read here)
- Threw colors at people (read here)
- Motorboated a lady boy (read here)
- Danced on stage at a stripclub (read here)
- Ran away from my friends during a pubcrawl to look for 7-11 toasties
- Lived on pad thai and banana lassis for almost a week
- Rode an elephant and almost passed out while sitting on it (read here)
- Was hit by a tiger’s tail (read here)
- Had my name written by a vagina on a piece of paper (read here)
- Got into my first fight (read here)
- Rode a scooter for the first time and cried about it (read here)
- Fell off a scooter. Twice.
- Puked on myself and could do nothing about it for 12 hours (read here)
- Donated blood at a children’s hospital (read here)
- Became addicted to laughing gas (read here)
- Ziplined (read here)
The Pink Palace
- Peed on a door on Aga’s birthday
- Bought an inflatable crocodile, just so I could say “Is it your crocodile?” (watch Chris D’elia’s drunk girls parody around 2:11)
- Pretty much quoted all of Chris D’elia’s jokes all summer
- Crashed at a friend’s room, and did “the walk of shame” with a strap-on in one hand, the crocodile in the other
- Was hit on by a straight man and a lesbian at once, and ended up going to bed to cuddle with the crocodile instead
- Made the summer a bit too much about my crocodile
- Got so drunk off mimosas during a breakfast shift, that I ended up staying at the bar DJ’ing most of the day instead of working
- Drank retsina on the beach bar roof and saw shooting stars
- Sat next to a foul smelling dog and talked about it for an hour
- Pretended to be American and was busted several times by a group of Danish girls that had been there last year. And I still denied it.
- Dressed up as a pirate for the booze cruise
- Was forced to do my first body shot on the booze cruise. Wasn’t happy about it.
- Did a 12 people, 3 AM ouzo circle that was absolute shit and amazing
- Sexually harassed a shy co-worker for fun
- Yelled at a family at dinner
- Had a cake fight on Aga’s birthday
- Forced myself to accept #CTMO
- Planned a Full Moon Party that was so fun, our boss made us have as many Moon parties as possible
- Got tons of free ice creams and compliments from Dr. George
- Went to Jumbo like every week
- Fell on my face all the time
- Pretty much only drank champagne from the bottle and blacked out everytime
- Sold an overwhelming amount of blowjob shots. To guys.
- Dyed my hair pink
- Danced to Martin Garrix – Animals every morning
- Drank mimosas almost every morning, too
- Pretended to be 17 and related to a guy from Chile
- Had my hands full of beer steins
- Was served breakfast, which was really just beer, through a funnel
- Stole a pretzel for Hollie from the guys sitting next to us at one of the beer tents
- Watched a drunk Asian woman try to run away from the medics
- Bought myself a unicorn
- Cuddled with Aga and Hollie to keep warm, while Aga was puking
- Tried to watch The Other Woman three times, but kept falling asleep
I’ll end this post and this year with some of my favorite photos, just to prove I haven’t just been on the couch these past 365 days.
Happy New Year! 2015, come at me.